C-40 steel stockholders and suppliers, delivering to the whole of the INDIA. C-40 is an unalloyed medium carbon steel grade with reasonable tensile strength. It is normally supplied in the cold drawn or as rolled con. C-40 is widely used for applications which require better properties than mild steel but does not justify the costs of an alloy steel. C-40 can be flame or induction hardened to produce a good surface hardness with moderate wear resistance. C-40 is available from stock in Sheet. Coils, Plate and can be cut to your requirements. We also offer flame cut plates cut to your required sizes and normalised. C-40 plates can be supplied surface ground or precision ground.
C-40 is a medium carbon steel is used when greater strength and hardness is desired than in the "as rolled" condition. Extreme size accuracy, straightness and concentricity combine to minimize wear in high speed applications. Turned ground and polished.
CHEMICAL COMPOSITION OF C-40 GRADE (AS PER IS: 2507)
0.35 - 0.45 %
0.50 - 0.80 %
0.10 - 0.35 %
0.04 % Max
0.04 % Max
Physical Property :
- HARDNESS: Generally material in this grade is stocked in fully annealed form with a hardness of 140 - 160 HV / VPN. Also as per customer's request different hardness range such as half-hard or full hard can be achieved.
- ANNEALING: Heat slowly to 680-710ÃÂÃÂ°C, soak well. Cool slowly in the furnace.
- HARDENING: Heat the component slowly to 820-860ÃÂÃÂ°C and allow it to be heated through. Quench in oil or water.
- TEMPERING: Temper the C-40 component immediately after quenching whilst tools are still hand warm. Re-heat the C-40 component to the tempering temperature then soak for one hour per 25 millimetre of total thickness (2 hours minimum) Cool in air. For most applications tempering of C-40 will be between 550-660ÃÂÃÂ°C.
- HEAT TREATMENT: Heat treatment temperatures, including rate of heating, cooling and soaking times will vary due to factors such as the shape and size of each C-40 component. Other considerations during the heat treatment process include the type of furnace, quenching medium and work piece transfer facilities. Please consult your heat treatment provider for full guidance on heat treatment of C-40 carbon steel.
- WELDING: We recommend you contact your welding consumables supplier who should provide you full assistance and information on welding C-40 steel.
- FORGING: Preheat the steel carefully, then raise temperature to 1050ÃÂÃÂ°C for forging. Do not forge below 850ÃÂÃÂ°C. After forging cool slowly, preferably in a furnace.
- GROUND FLAT STOCK: Precision ground flat stock / gauge plate can be produced using C-40 steel. Subject to size suitability and availability of raw material pieces can be produced in approximately 2 to 3 weeks. Standard and non-standard sizes are available.
FORM OF SUPPLY
- THICKNESS RANGE: 0.20 MM up to 20.00 MM range as per following divisions and thickness tolerance.
- WIDTH RANGE: 5.00 MM up to 1250 MM however we can slit as per customers requirement.
- EDGE CONDITION: Mill Edge, Sheared Edge
- COIL FORM: Material can be supplied in coil form
- SHEET FORM: Material can be supplied in sheet form as well
- Usually in coils, thicker strips can also be supplied in cut to length and leveled strips
- Coil ID 300-500mm as per mutual agreement with buyer
- Coil weight as per mutual understanding with buyer
- SURFACE FINISH: Surface finish is bright suitable for electroplating
- APPLICATION: Hair Clips, Fasteners, Clutch Plates, Hose Clamps, Measuring Tapes, Cycle/Motor Chains, washers etc.
Equivalent Grades :
- SAE STANDARDS: SAE 1040
- AS PER DIN STANDARDS: CK-40
- AS PER EN STANDARDS: EN-8
- AS PER JAPANESE STANDARD: JIS G 3311 S40
- 1000 Per Day
- 3 Days
- Free samples are available
- AS PER CUSTOMER REQUIREMENT
- All India
Shop No. A/5, Bharat Lokhand Bazar, 1st Lane, M. S. Ali Road, Near Two Tank, Grant Road (East), Mumbai Maharashtra India +918037304212